Went into typo today…how cute is this fox stamp?
Just came across The Wild Alchemist and this post of theirs. Just a leaving a quick note to self because I’m also recording my little project on instagram and how cool would it be to have a wall covered in lil insta prints of my sunrises! Just need to think of something cute to put on the back of them now…
One thing I’ve discovered as I take on more digital photography clients is that it’s painfully difficult to find nice and affordable CD/DVD cases. Jewel cases are all very well, but were a bit boring and I find using inserts to pretty them up just looks tacky – so late 1990/early 2000’s! So I put on my crafting hat, found a template I liked and went ahead and made my own.
It’s a very simple DIY project and customisable to whatever style you’re after.
What you need:
Double Sided Pretty Paper (at least 120gsm)
Super-sharp cutting thingy (stanley knife, exacto blade etc)
How you do it:
- Choose what paper you want on the outside and what you want for the insert – I used the same sheet of paper which had a different pattern on each side
- First, cut out the cover. Draw and cut out a rectangle 26cm L x 13cm W. I made mine as small as possible to fit inside the envelopes I’d brought – feel free to add on a cm or two!
- Fold the rectangle in half to make the cover
- Cut out the insert – this is a 12cm square – this will just fit a CD/DVD so as I said, feel free to make it slightly larger!
- To make the holders for the CD/DVD flip the insert over and measure 4cm from each corner and make a mark
- Get an unwanted CD/DVD and line it up with the marks on each side – trace around it with a pencil
- Cut along these traced lines with your super-sharp cutting thing, leaving enough uncut at either end of the lines to hold the corner on (about 0.5 cm)
- Flip over the inset and check that the CD/DVD fits comfortably
- Use photo corners to attach the insert to the inside of the cover
- Add some pretty ribbon and Voila! You now have a lovely little case for your photos, videos or music. If you make your own I’d love to see it.